StudentSecure Smart Plan Details
- Individuals up to the age of 65 years.
- Individuals must be a full time student at a college or university, excluding online colleges and universities, or within 31 days of being a Full-time Student at a college or university; or must be a Full-time Scholar affiliated with an educational institution and performing work or research for at least 30 hours per week. The Full-time Student/Scholar status requirement is waived for Participants within the US holding a valid F-1 visa including those students on OPT or a J-1 visa. Full-time status requirements remain in force for individuals holding M-1, or other category visas
- Must be residing outside his or her Home Country for the purpose of pursuing international educational activities
- Must not have obtained residency status in the Host Country.
- Participants in the U.S. must hold a valid education related Visa. A copy of the I-20 or DS2019 may be requested.
- Inside the United States
- In ppo network: Plan pays 80% of eligible expenses after the deductible up to the overall maximum limit.
- Out of ppo network: Usual, reasonable, and customary. You may be responsible for any charges exceeding the payable amount.
- Outside the United States
- After the deductible, plan pays 100% of eligible expenses to the certificate period maximum.
Plan Benefits of StudentSecure Smart Insurance
|Hospital room & board||Average semi-private room rate, including nursing services|
|Local ambulance||Up to $300 per injury / illness if hospitalized as inpatient|
|Intensive care unit||Usual, reasonable, and customary charges|
|Outpatient treatment||Usual, reasonable, and customary charges|
|Outpatient prescription drugs||50% of actual charge|
|Mental health disorders||Outpatient: $50 maximum per day, $500 maximum; Inpatient: Up to $5,000 maximum (Treatment must not be obtained at a Student health center.)|
|Dental treatment due to accident||Up to $250 maximum per tooth; $500 maximum per certificate period|
|Dental treatment to alleviate pain||Up to $100 for acute onset pain. Not subject to deductible or coinsurance|
|Acute onset of pre-existing condition||$25,000 lifetime maximum for eligible expenses (excludes chronic and congenital conditions)|
|Therapeutic termination of pregnancy||Up to $500 maximum per certificate period|
|Physical therapy & chiropractic care||Up to $25 per visit per day|
|Emergency medical evacuation||Up to $50,000 lifetime maximum. Not subject to deductible or coinsurance.|
|Emergency reunion||Up to $1,000, maximum of 15 days|
|Repatriation of remains||Up to $25,000 lifetime maximum (not subject to deductible or coinsurance)|